04 Aug ‘Beyond Boundaries’- The 6th Installation Ceremony of The Rotaract Club of Achievers Lanka Business School
The comperes for the event Rtr. Amana and Rtr. Gavin warmly welcomed the audience followed by the lighting of the oil lamp by the Dignitaries. The Outgoing Secretary’s Report was presented by Rtr. Ishara Ariyasena who had won the ‘Most outstanding Secretary Award’ for the year 2014/2015 and it was highlighted that this was the third consecutive time which this club had won this award setting a strong benchmark to work for the incoming secretary.
The projects which were done by the club includes:
- Conquer Colombo ’14 (Gold Award for Most Outstanding Club Service Project)
- Friends In Action ’15 (Silver Award for Most Outstanding Public Relations Project)
- Envision your Future with IT (Bronze Award for Most Outstanding Professional Development Project)
- Iftar 2014, Foodie Fix 2015, Foot Loose, Get linked, Secret Santa, Annual trip, Foot print, Christmas Smiles(2014), Poised under pressure, Blood drive, Nepal Donation, Club T shirt, Movie Marathon, IU IQ, Hosting a DCM and Rotary Family Meeting.
The list of Awards won by the club:
- Bronze award for The Best Annual Report
- Gold Award for Best Bulletin
- Award of Recognition for hosting the District Council Meeting 2014/2015
- Most Outstanding Secretary Award
- Rotaractor of the month
- June- Rtr. Aaqeel Jiffry
- October- Rtr. Elango Elavarasan
- Rotaract District Citation
- RI Presidential Citation
The outgoing President Rtr. Sandaru Leelaratne addressed the gathering, and pointed out what Rotaract means to them and how it has helped to develop their personalities by ultimately giving back to the community. Following on, he collared the incoming President, Rtr. Aaqeel Jiffry, thereby officially handing over the responsibilities of the club for the year 2015/2016.
The introduction of the Incoming President was done by Rtr. Shamara Ariyasena which gave the audience a glimpse of their leader for the next Rotaract year. President Aaqeel Jiffry introduced their theme for the year ‘Beyond Boundaries’ emphasizing that he and his board will thrive to reach greater heights as the club has thus been achieving each and every year.
He then introduced the Board of Directors for the year 2015/2016. The Board of Rotaract Club of Achievers Lanka Business School is as follows;
- President- Rtr. Aaqeel Jiffry
- Vice Presidents
- Rtr. Elango Elavarasan (Projects Coordinator)
- Rtr. Ishara Ariyasena (District Coordinator)
- Rtr. Shamara Ariyasena (Public Relations)
- Secretary- Rtr. Maneesha Abeyrathne
- Assistant Secretary- Rtr. Akila Devendra
- Rtr. Ashvinthran Canagaraj
- Rtr. Gautham Krishnakumar
- Rtr. Viraine Senadheera
- Rtr. Yoshan De Zoysa
- Rtr. Kisal Hewage
- Rtr. Rangesh Somasundaram
- Club Service Directors
- Rtr. Dilinthi Rodrigo
- Rtr. Moin Altaf
- Community Service Directors
- Rtr. Niveditha Rao
- Rtr. Sanshiya Debuyzer
- International Understanding Directors
- Rtr. Laila Zafir
- Rtr. Ruwan Nayanajith
- Professional Development Directors
- Rtr. Aaqil Aziz
- Rtr. Sadushi Perera
- Finance Directors
- Rtr. Ahamed Ausaff
- Rtr. Rashmi Jurangpathy
- Rtr. Shanal Mendis
- IT Director- Rtr. Vageesha Padmananda
The District Rotaract Representative Rtr. PHF. Sathiyeandra Tharmakulerajasingham, in his speech focused attention on the projects “Conquer Colombo” and “Friends In Action” ensuring to the President that these initiatives will be conducted this time in a grander scale than the previous years. Also it was given importance that the club presence was the second highest at the 25th District Assembly for the year 2014/2015 with thirty members participating for the event.
The club had then in store for the audience a Quiz out of the projects which they had organized in the past (Friends In Action and Conquer Colombo) and the winners were promised free entries for these projects.
Next, the District Rotaract Committee Chairman Rtn. Hussain Khaleel and the Guest of Honor, Youth Services Committee Chair, Rtn. PHF. Farzana Khan addressed the gathering, commending the club for their many great achievements and endeavors. This was followed up by an entertainment item, a performance by Shoaib Jabbar which left the crowd speechless by his amazing voice.
Finally, the Chief Guest for the evening, President of Rotary Club of Colombo Mid Town, Rtn. Saif Ramzi addressed the gathering, after which the floor was open for felicitations. On behalf of our club President Rtr. Praveen Fernando congratulated the Outgoing board and wished the Incoming board the best of luck for the coming year. The installation was brought into a successful end with the vote of thanks by the secretary followed by the national anthem.
The Rotaract Club of University of Colombo Faculty of Management and Finance wishes the new President Rtr. Aaqeel Jiffry and his board a very successful year ahead.
Rtr. Dinath Federico (Director- Professional Development)
Rtr. Bhashini Gamage (Sub-Editor)