23 Sep 3rd Installation Ceremony of the Rotaract Club of KDU
|RC UOC FMF members at the installation ceremony of RCKDU (Source: flexuslabs.lk)|
A troupe of Kandian dancers welcomed the Chief Guests to the occasion and the house was called to order after the lighting of the oil lamp, KDU song, Flag salutation and the Rotaract invocation which was followed by a wonderful Puja dance. The dignitaries for the evening were,
- Chief Guest: Vice Chancellor Major General Milinda Peiris
- Guest of Honor: Youth Services Chair Rtn. PHF Farzana Khan
- President of the Rotary club of Colombo Millennium City: Rtn. Hasitha Chandrasekara
- DRR: Rtr. PP. PHF. T. Sathiyeandra Tharmakulerajasingam
After observing one minute silence in remembrance of the heroes who sacrificed their lives to save the country, the welcome address was given by Rtr. Gihan Fernando (Vice President 2015/16), followed by the Secretary’s Report for the year 2014/2015 which was presented as an interesting video clip including photographs of the events and moments they’ve treasured. Some of the major projects of the Rotaract club of KDU were, “Young- Wild and free”, “Chronicles of Navam”, “Kudaoya (an outbound training camp)”, “Culinary journey through Asia” and the Inter Rotaract swimming meet, which was the first aquatic sports event in the Sri Lankan Rotaract history.
As per the agenda, next up was the address by the Outgoing President Rtr. Yohani De Silva. She enthusiastically mentioned that the club’s membership has expanded extensively by 60% last year and they have been successful in completing all the projects as planned. She also thanked the outgoing board, club members, faculty advisers and parents for the support they’ve extended to make all the dreams come true.
After a brief introduction to the Incoming President, the Outgoing President officially handed over the duties and responsibilities to the Incoming President Rtr. Kalana Jayantha, and then the new board for the year 2015/2016 was inducted.
|Rtr. Kalana being collared the 3rd President of RCKDU (Source: flexuslabs.lk)|
The Board of Directors for 2015/16 of the Rotaract Club of KDU is as follows-
- President – Rtr. Kalana Jayantha
- Immediate Past President – Rtr. Yohani De Silva
- Vice Presidents – Rtr. Gihan Fernando, Rtr. Suchitta Vithana & Rtr. Mishek Hewawasam
- Secretary – Rtr. Sadhika Jayasinghe
- Assistant Secretary – Rtr. Bashini Pathirana
- Treasurer – Rtr. Pubudu Dissanayaka
- Editor – Rtr. Thamalee Wijekoon
- Sergeant- at-arms – Rtr. K.K.C. Perera
- Community Service Directors – Rtr. Nisal Bulathsinhala, Rtr. Glenn Perera & Rtr. B.M.M. Fernando
- Club Service Directors – Rtr. Hasintha Shashiranga & Rtr. Ishan Mark
- International Understanding Directors – Rtr. Shenelle Perera & Rtr. Damin De Costa
- Professional Development Directors – Rtr. P.G.K.C. Wijesinghe & Rtr. Yasesa Galahena
- Finance Service Directors – Rtr. Amila Wijeratne & Rtr. Lekangi Perera
- Membership Development Directors – Rtr. Nipun Siriwardane & Rtr. P.A.S.T. Perera
|The Board of Directors 2015/16 of RCKDU (Source: flexuslabs.lk)|
|Entertainment item being performed by the members of RCKDU (Source: flexuslabs.lk)|
After the Guest of Honor Youth Services Chair Rtn. PHF Farzana Khan addressed the gathering, the audience witnessed the dancing talents of the members of RCKDU, with an attractive couple dance performed by four members of the club.
|Major General Milinda Peiris (Source: flexuslabs.lk)|
Chief Guest, Vice Chancellor Major General Milinda Peiris stated that the club has performed exceptionally well since its charter on the 7th of August 2013, under the Presidency of Rtr. PP. Ruvindu Bandara and conveyed his wishes to the newly appointed board and encouraged the undergraduates to be a part of the Rotaract Club to develop their personalities and talents. He also stressed the importance of serving the community and requested the young Rotaractors to help those who are in need whenever possible.
In his address the DRR. Rtr. PP. PHF. T. Sathiyeandra Tharmakulerajasingam congratulated the newly appointed board and mentioned that the RC of KDU has actively participated in all the activities. He also pointed out a message from a war movie and said that the leader has to inspire the team members as they react to what he says and it is not a place to command, but to influence.
The installation concluded with the felicitations and the vote of thanks which was followed by the national anthem and then the house was called to order for refreshments and fellowship.
The Rotaract Club of University of Colombo, Faculty of Management & Finance conveys its warm wishes to the Rotaract club of KDU for a successful year ahead.
|Rtr. Isuri Weeraman