20 Oct “With A Drop of Compassion”- The 9th Installation Ceremony of the Rotaract Club of ANC
The event commenced with the arrival of the chief guests and other dignitaries.
- Chief Guest – Rtn. Satyajit Seneviratne, President of the Rotary Club of Colombo West.
- Guest of Honor – Nishantha Jayasundara , General Manger, ANC Future Centre.
- Rtn. PP. Saifu Adamaly, District Rotaract Committee Chair 2015/2016.
- Rtn. Yukthi K. Gunasekara, Youth Service Director of Rotary Club of Colombo West
- PP. PHF. T. Sathiyeandra Tharmakulerajasingam, District Rotaract Representative 2015/2016.
Following the lighting of the traditional oil lamp, flag salutation, Rotaract invocation and the Rotaract song the house was called to order.
Rtr. Shamika Rajapakse welcomed all those who were present for the evening which was then followed up by the Secretary’s Report for the year 2014/2015 presented by Rtr. Muzaina Shakir. The Secretary’s Report highlighted the main projects done by the club for the year 2014/15 including their focus on developing rural areas and providing drought relief. She also went on to mention about some of the signature projects done by the club such as “Kick out”, “Shuttle Slam”, Sugar and Spice.
Next the Outgoing President Rtr. Madura Perera addressed the gathering, where he thanked all the club members for their commitment and dedication in achieving the set targets for the year. He also extended his gratitude for their sponsoring Rotary Club for their guidance and support. Next he collared the Incoming President Rtr. Hasini Munasinghe and officially handed over all the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Rtr. Ashean De Silva Introduced the new President along with a small video clip about her which was a surprise from the club to their new President. With this introduction the new President, Rtr. Hasini Munasinghe, addressed the gathering. In her speech she mentioned key projects done last year such as “Shuttle Slam” and “Young minds” which was highly commended and she also shared the good news about the club partnering up with the District in organizing Rotasia and the District Conference. She then went on to introduce the theme for the year 2015/16 which was “A drop of compassion”.
Next she introduced the Board for the year 2015/2016. The Board members were as follows;
- President – Rtr. Hasini Mnuasinghe
- Immediate Past President – Rtr. Madura Perera
- Vice President – Rtr. Roshani Ratnasingham
- Joint Secretary – Rtr. Sanjeays Fernando
- Joint Secretary – Rtr. Deebika Shanthakumar
- Joint Treasurer – Rtr. Shamika Rajapakse
- Joint Treasurer – Rtr. Devin Ganhewa
- Club Service Director – Rtr. Megan Thananayagam
- Professional Development – Rtr. Ashen De Silva De Mel
- Community service Director – Rtr. Sahithya Mankkalswarma
- International Understanding Director – Rtr. Muffadal Jafferjee
- Sargent at arms – Rtr. Malaka Wedage
- IT Director – Ashean Ragintha Silva
- Assistant IT Director – Senura Daksitha Adasuriya
DRC Rtn. PP. Saifu Adamaly in his address emphasized the fact that as the young crowd it is our responsibility to carry out the good work we do through Rotaract. He urged everyone to continue to engage in community service even after graduation and to make sure that we join a Rotary Club to do good work. He then wished good luck to the Incoming President to keep up with the good work.
Next up in the agenda was an entertainment item followed up tokens of appreciation being given to the Dignitaries at the head table.
DRR. PHF. T. Sathiyeandra Tharmakulerajasingam in his speech stated as to why Rotaract makes us different. He went on to explain about the opportunities that we Rotaractors enjoy and how we can develop our leadership skills, time management skills, creating contacts and much more. He also extended his wishes to both the Outgoing and the Incoming Presidents.
Guest of Honor Mr. Nishantha Jayasundara expressed how proud he was of the success achieved by the club and appreciated their commitment and he also mentioned that ANC is willing to support the club in their future endeavors as well.
Chief Guest Rtn. Satyajit Seneviratne congratulated the club for doing an excellent job in the past year and said that the Rotary Club of Colombo West would always be there to support the club in future project.
Next the floor was open for felicitation where they awarded a gift for the club which presented the most creative felicitation. On behalf of our club Rtr. Aqeela Najeeb congratulated the new president and her Board. The ceremony concluded with the vote of thanks followed by the national anthem and then the house was called to order for refreshments and fellowship.
The Rotaract Club of University of Colombo, Faculty of Management & Finance wishes the new President Rtr. Hasini Munasinghe and her board all the very best for a very successful Rotaract year.
|FMFers with the Incoming President of the Rotaract Club of ANC|
|Rtr. Aqeela Najeeb
Co-Director – Community Service 2015/16