10 Jul Journey Through Rotaract – Rtr. Amandi Umagiliya
JOURNEY THROUGH ROTARACT is an Annual Blog Series which recollects the journeys of our Immediate Past Executive Committee Members and Board Members, in their own words.
For the 2nd Blog of the series recollecting the year 2018/19, we bring to you the Journey of our Secretary in 2018/19, Rtr. Amandi Umagiliya.
1. What made you join Rotaract?
To be honest, I made my way to the induction just because most of my friends did. However afterwards, I realized that Rotaract a great place to hang around, make new friends and to get involve with some quality work. So yeah!
2. How has Rotaract influenced you to be who you are today?
Rotaract has always enabled me to become a better version of myself. It has made me overcome some of my fears and discover the potential hidden inside me. "People skills" is an important aspect that any Rotaractor get to improve through club engagements across the whole Rotaract district. So I believe that I'm better at it than I used to be.
3. What was the most heart-warming project for you and what was the most fun-filled project in your journey that you’d like to relive?
Heart-warming project – Live a Little Love a Little
Fun-filled project – Desi Raat
Favourite Memory- Project "Future for Us"
4. How did you strike a balance between Academics and Rotaract?
Striking a balance between the two was of course challenging for me, mostly during the final two years in Uni. I tried my best not to clash lectures with projects and meetings and to complete the reports as early as possible to ensure it won’t clash with my exams.
5. What’s your favourite project organized by a fellow club?
Run for their Lives by the Rotaract Club of Colombo Uptown!
6. What advice would you give to someone who has just joined Rotaract?
Rotaract is a great platform for you to make a positive impact for the community while developing yourself personally and professionally! So make sure you get the benefit right!
7. How has Rotaract helped you to do well in your corporate life?
It was Rotaract that built up my confidence and moulded the personality to take up the corporate life with more faith in myself. The professional exposure I gained through Rotaract is so much useful to handle the matters in corporate life.
8. Which moment in your Journey through Rotaract are you most proud about?
Humbly proud for being one of the most outstanding secretaries in the Rotaract district during 2018/19.
9. What do you feel about the position of our club today?
I’m honestly so proud and happy about the current position of the club. It has reached a whole new level. I’m glad that it is in safe hands.
10. Your Journey through Rotaract in ONE WORD.
Stay Tuned for the next "Journey Through Rotaract!"