18 Aug VOYAGE 2021/22
Though the entire world froze in the recent past the Rotaract Club of University of Colombo, Faculty of Management and Finance took a step ahead, moving the club’s movements to advancement, bidding farewell to one era and entering into another.
The Annual General Meeting of RACUOCFMF was held on 24th of July 2021 at Next Campus, in which Immediate Past President Rtr. Aamina Ismail formally handed over her responsibilities to President-Elect for the year 2021-22 Rtr. Arshad Sufi Ismail.
Rtr. Saseni Wijegunawardena was the host for the day and Rtr. Gayan Jayasinghe collared the president to start the proceedings officially. Once formalities were concluded the Immediate Past President Rtr. Aamina Ismail addressed the gathering for one last time. She started off by saying "What a rollercoaster year it has been", as she reminisced about the wonderful memories that she and her secretary Rtr. Kulani Salgado has gained through Rotaracting and the challenges that they have faced due to the COVID-19 pandemic on their journey as a president and secretary. She appreciated the EXCO and BOD who put their heart and soul to convert those challenges into opportunities. Together obstacles were faced and the stress was vanished proving ‘Teamwork makes the Dream work’. She also took this as an opportunity to share her experience with newbies and extended her gratitude to the amazing Executive committee, Board of Directors, and her beloved secretary for being the biggest strength of pillars to carry forward the unique legacy of RACUOCFMF.
Then Rtr. Kulani Salgado, the Outgoing Secretary addressed the gathering by asking the question, ‘Were you all happy’ and she received a loud 'YESSS' from the audience which proved how successful their year was. She also took the opportunity to thank each and every individual who helped their dreams become a reality.
Afterwards Rtr. Aamina Ismail officially collared Rtr. Arshad Sufi Ismail as the president of RACUOCFMF for the year 2021-22.
Incoming president Rtr. Arshad Sufi Ismail started off his speech by thanking everyone who supported him to earn this position.
And he went on to mention the wonderful experience he gained while working with his new EXCO and BOD during the Induction, project Arambayak and project Skill Up. Rtr. Arshad’s obligation would have been incomplete if he didn’t mention his supportive Incoming Secretary Rtr. Oshadi, who is also his ‘best friend’ who supported him at all times, ‘teacher’ who guided him whenever he faced obstacles and indeed a ‘role model’ who he admired a lot.
Without further ado, he introduced his Executive Committee and Board of Directors to the members.
The Executive Committee and Board of Directors for the year 2021-22 are as follows:
- President – Rtr. Arshad Sufi Ismail
- Immediate Past President – Rtr. Aamina Ismail
- Vice President – Rtr. Malinka singarachchi
- Vice President – Rtr. Kethni Wijesinghe
- Vice President – Rtr. Kavisha Dahanayake
- Vice President – Rtr. Saseni Wijegunawardena
- Secretary – Rtr. Oshadi Dias
- Assistant Secretary – Rtr. Vineli Hadapangoda
- Treasurer – Rtr. Hasara Hikkaduwa
- Assistant Treasurer – Rtr. Harith Lokugamage
- Sergeant at Arms – Rtr. Sanjana Wanigasekare
- Co-Editor – Rtr. Afkar Saleem
- Co-Editor – Rtr. Thirandi Dharmawardhana
- Co-Director Club Service – Rtr. Shehani Jayasuriya
- Co-Director Club Service – Rtr. Gayan Jayasinghe
- Co-Director Community Service – Rtr. Samindi Weerakoon
- Co-Director Community Service – Rtr. Gajaba Senarathne
- Co-Director International Service – Rtr. Anuji Chandrasekare
- Co-Director International Service – Rtr. Kumudu Yapa
- Co-Director Professional Development – Rtr. Navinda Meepe
- Co-Director Professional Development – Rtr. Sandali Jayasinghe
- Co-Director Finance – Rtr. Enuri Edirisinghe
- Co-Director Finance – Rtr. Himsara Nugawela
- Co-Director Environmental Service – Rtr. Asheian Fernando
- Co-Director Environmental Service – Rtr. Venuri Wijesooriya
- Co-Director Membership Development – Rtr. Senara De Silva
- Co-Director Membership Development– Rtr. Vageesha De Silva
- Co-Director Digital Communications – Rtr. Visula Hareendra
- Co-Director Digital Communications – Rtr. Danushka Lakshan
- Co-Director Public Relations – Rtr. Devni Bernard
- Co-Director Public Relations – Rtr. Idusha Basnayake
- Co-Director Sports – Rtr. Randika Sandaruwan
- Co-Director Sports – Rtr. Haritha Jayaweera
After Rtr. Arshad formally adjourned the Annual General Meeting, in order to celebrate the ‘BOLA CHUDIYA COUPLE’ a short video was played as an appreciation for their dedication. And the end of the meeting was marked with the joyous birthday celebration of Rtr. Kulani's and Rtr. Aamina's with the Rotaract family.
Rtr. Afkar Saleem
(Co-Editor – 2021-22)
Rtr. Thirandi Dharmawardhana
(Co-Editor – 2021-22)